- Consist of yarns that are cut at the ends.
- Has a soft feel that makes it a perfect choice for comfortable areas of the house, such as bedrooms, living rooms, and family rooms.
- Has five basic styles: velvet, Saxony, frieze, shag, and cable. Each one provides a different texture and look.
- The difference in these styles is the amount of twist in the yarns that ultimately influence the carpet’s durability.
- Yarns that are looped and uncut on the surface.
- Height of the pile can vary from a low, tight construction to a more luxurious, high-level pile.
- Is an ideal style for heavy traffic areas due to its strength and soil hiding abilities
- Most popular style of loop carpet is berber, as it can be constructed as a level-loop or multi-loop.
- Has a combination of high cut tufts and lower loops available in a variety of sculpted patterns.
- While cut-loop carpets offer good performance, they are slightly less durable than loop carpets.